Our Three-Fold Mission Statement
Bring Community to Wholeness by:
- Supporting local law enforcement officers in mentoring children and thereby becoming a deeper part of the community
- Helping children to understand what community is by Adopting Cops as mentors and friends
- Showing families how community can grow with people and agencies working hand-in-hand.
Adopt A Cop, Inc. dba Adopt A Cop USA (AAC, USA)
A. Believes in transparency and accountability to its constituents and the public by making available information on AAC USA’s governance structure, governance policies and documents, financial condition as reflected in audited financial statements, and major programs.
B. This policy implements Internal Revenue Service requirements regarding public disclosure of AAC, USA’s IRS form 1023 exemption application and annual reporting IRS forms.
Information Available to the Public:
AAC, USA shall post on its website and make available upon request the following information and documents in a timely manner:
- Governance Documents, including:
a. A list of the current officers and directors of AAC, USA
b. Articles of Incorporation
d. Conflict of Interest Policy
e. Corporate Governance Policy
f. Whistleblower Policy
g. Executive Compensation Policy
h. Public Reporting and Transparency Policy
- Financial and IRS documents, including:
a. IRS form 1023 exemption application
b. IRS form 990 and 990T
c. Audited financial statements
d. IRS approval document